Well known for his unique blade designs Yu Kurosaki is one of the youngest and most talented blacksmiths in Japan. Not only does Kurosaki tempt us with his beautiful blade designs, but their ability to perform keeps us coming back. High quality materials and age old forging techniques combine to create a knife with an extremely sharp edge that will hold up throughout use.
Yu Kurosaki SENKO-EI series feature its sharp-pointed shape - "EI (sharp)" or "EIJIN (sharp knife)" in Japanese. And the shining surface has unique hammered texture which conjures numerous fireworks, "SENKO".
The blades are crafted out of SG2 (Super Gold 2 or R2) micro carbide powder stainless steel, one of the hardest blade steel in the world, which provides excellent rust resistance and a long-lasting edge as well as its beautifulness.
The handle is made of Octagonal-shaped Rosewood with Honduras Wood Ferrule for beauty and durability.(Please be noted that the ferrule is a natural product that may possibly be different from the image in color.)
- Knife Type: Gyuto Knife
- Blade Length: 270mm
- Total Length: 430mm
- Weight: 215g
- Blade Steel Type : SG2 (Super Gold 2 or R2) Micro Carbide Powder Stainless Steel
- Blade Edge : Double-Edged (50/50 balanced, available for left-handed-right-handed)
- Handle Material : Octagonal-shaped Rosewood with Honduras Wood Ferrule
- Brand NEW
- Made in JAPAN
Use and Care
- Do not attempt to cut, hit or chop frozen products or bones. The blade can chip or break.
- Hand wash with warm water and towel dry.
- Use a sharpening stone to maintain the sharpness of the blade.
- Do not use a dishwasher to clean your knife.