The Kanso 3-piece boxed set features three key pieces of kitchen cutlery. Kanso is a design principle based on Zen philosophy. It means “simplicity,” but simplicity that is achieved by eliminating the non-essential. In Kanso, we took away anything that doesn’t matter and kept everything that does: high-performance steel, razor-sharp edge, perfect balance, and precision cutting control. The steel is Japanese AUS10A—highly refined, high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel that takes a razor-sharp edge and holds it longer. Kanso's Heritage finish hides scratches and gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age. The handle is made of tagayasan wood, sometimes known as “iron sword wood." The handle contouring enables an easy chef's grip. Full-tang construction provides strength, balance, and easy cutting control. Like all Shun knives, Kanso is sharpened to a 16° cutting angle each side to cut cleanly and help preserve food’s freshness and best taste. In each 3 piece set you will receive the Kanso 8-inch Chef's Knife, 6-inch Utility Knife and the 3.5-inch Paring Knife.
- A multi-purpose, must-have knife in Asian kitchens
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Handle: Contoured tagayasan wood
- SWT0700 Kanso Paring Knife
- SWT0701 Kanso Utility Knife
- SWT0706 Kanso Chefs Knife
- Handcrafted in Japan
Please note- this set is presented in a minimal stylish black cardboard box with Shun branding. Some images show an older style timber box which no longer available.